Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 17:58:30 +0800
> >We Zuiko user are already very lucky, our Zuiko lenses are not as
contrast
> >as the Nikon AF lenses. I have some comments from a friend that use
Nikon,
> >he didn't like the new AF lenses as they have too high contrast. He is
> >changing to OM and just bought my 90/2 macro three months ago.
> >
> >C.H.Ling
>

> You sold a 90mm?
>
> Foxy

Yes, I have sold the 90/2 since less than 10f my photo are taken with
that lens. Although this lens has very high quality in both macro and
normal shoot, but it is quite heavy.

Also, for normal shoot, I have a 85/2 and 100/2. The 100/2 at infinity has
resolution higher than the 90/2, while the 85/2 is light weight and very
good for portrait. I also suspect that the out of focus effect of macro
lenses are not as good as normal lenses when shooting portrait.

For macro, I have 50/2 and 135/4.5. The 50/2 is easier for hand-held macro
shoot, while the 135 provide a longer working distance. Also, due to heavy
lens elements, the focusing ring of the 90/2 slip when pointing downward.

Most important is I want to raise some money for other Zuikos or may be a
OM5.

C.H.Ling