Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:04:35 EDT
<< Hi Ken: With OTF, why waste time doing it myself? >>

Hi All,
Thanks for the great response, I printed all the replys and just for fun I
will post the results in a few days..
As for me, I am 90% manual w/ 500f that spot. For close-up and Macro 100%
Auto.

To answer (I thinks Kens question above)  1. I always want to have total
control of the shutter speed, mostly because I shoot alot with teles.  2. I
also use Sunny 16 whenever I can  3. I can bracket or compensate in 1/3, 1/2
or 1 stop, etc., without fooling with the compensation dial. 4. I use spot
alot, I will sometimes spot several "medium" tone areas and adjust with the
aperture ring + or -.  5.  Manual mode is easier and faster to compensate for
"Back and Side lighting"  6. The metering bar in the view finder of the
OM3,4,4t and 3Ti gives me more information than the Auto bar does.
Please don't get me wrong, I think the Auto mode has several advantages over
Manual as well.  I have seriously been considering switching to my 4T for all
my Landscape shots so I can use the mirror lock-up feature.
BW