Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:01:24 -0400
>>If I recall you have a N*k*n 6006 or 8008. Have you had an opportunity to
use an F5 or a C*n*n EOS1. Do they have the same focus problems as the
"cheaper" models. Moose Peterson raves about the F5, and many have sung the
praises of the eye controlled focus in the C*n*n line. I'm not thinking of
bailing, just supplementing as you said, with an AF body and some lenses.>>

I have an 8008s, but I'm not saying it has focus 'problems'. It works fine.
Like Gary Reese said earlier, it's just that for most nature photography,
as well as a great many static subjects, you're better off worrying about
such things as depth of field and hyperfocal distance.

I'm sure the F5 and EOS1 are great cameras. But a lot of money for a
supplemental system! Personally, I like the 8008s, and it's quite a bargain
used--less than $500. Or, I might look for an N90s used.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com