Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:53:24 -0500
>I think Ken Norton complained about always going with the guys who never
>stay around. He finally gave up his RX7 for a Chevy. Me, I haven't learned
>that lesson yet <g>

Hey, I was forced into it though.  You know, there is a parallel here.
Olympus and Mazda RX7 vs Nikon and Chevy Suburban.

Olympus:  Compact, light, sporty, manual focus
Mazda RX-7:  Compact, light, sporty, manual transmission.

Nikon F5:  Large, heavy, does everything, auto focus
Suburban:  Large, heavy, goes everywhere, auto transmission.

When taking the long way home from work, the RX7 is a wonderful stress
reliever. But when you need to carry a couple child seats, several adults,
bicycles, camping gear plus all the babies' paraphanalia...

When taking your time and enjoying the craft of photography, the Olympus is
absolutely wonderful.  But when you need to photograph a basketball game
tonight, a warehouse fire at 2:00 AM, and the governer's speach at 10:00 and
the riot at noon...

Ken N.