Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive
From: "Andrew Wiese" <awaxx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:08:42 PDT
Paul wrote:

>It's a lot
>less expensive than what they are going to have to spend on digital.
>If they are going to stay in the digital marketplace, they are going
>to have to develop a whole new line of digital SLRs and autofocus
>lenses at some point, because, as that market develops, they won't >be
able to slide by with IS-style cameras.

...and will these SLRs and lenses be OM compatible??? Once digital
technology is up to taking advantage of the resolution of a Zuiko lens,
might there be a digital upgrade of the OM system? Now that'd be a way
to keep Olympus committed to OM.  APS SLRs with 35mm lens compatibility
would be another (I think N*k*n might have done something like this?)

Regards

Andy