Re: [OM] Yellowstone!

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellowstone!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:35:24 -0700
>Winsor, you lucky chap!
>
>The way you wrote, I could feel your quiet (?) enjoyment of the area.  I
>have some lovely memories and passable photos of our family visit to the
>North Rim (in a Cruise America RV) in 1990 in May as soon as the Park
>opened.  We must go back when the cash allows (oh when, Lord?) to use the
>lenses that I have acquired since then.  It was relatively easy to visit
>in 90 because of my post as an exhange pilot with the USAF in Tampa
>(MacDill AFB); from Germany or the UK the price is ever so slightly
>higher...
>
>Do tell us when you get your photos back.  Is it worth my selling my
>35-70/3.5~4.5 which is light and small for a larger 35-70/3.6 which has
>better quality?  I know that this was discussed, perhaps ad nauseam, some
>weeks ago and I don't want to start that one again, but I should be
>interested in your personal opinion.
>
>If you haven't done Jellystone <g> before, does that mean that you stuck
>to Yosemite?
>
>Chris

Chris,

I have been to THE Grand Canyon, south rim only, I am afraid. The grand
canyon I mentioned is called the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. It is in
Jellystone Park and it is wonderfully photogenic, though nowhere
approaching the size of the real GC.

You are right. Yosemite is my place, especially in the off seasons when
there are fewer tourists.

There are some lovely high mountain valleys in the Swiss Alps that I saw a
number of years ago that rival Yosemite Valley and they are not so far from
you.  Get out and use that OM equipment!

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx