Re: FW: FW: [OM] FW: Professionals using Olympus

Subject: Re: FW: FW: [OM] FW: Professionals using Olympus
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 23:18:36 +0000
Having used an OM10 I have to say the dimness of the viefinder is a
real handicap to one with poor eyesight, such as myself.

The OM1/n, Om2/n, OM2s, OM3/Ti and OM4/Ti all allow interchangeable
focusing screens.  However, Olympus quite recently introduced a new
type of screen referred to as the series 2 which is not particularly
suited to the first two models (OM1,2).

The new series 2 screens are much brighter than the series 1 screens,
which are in turn brighter than the OM10 screen.  There are only 2
series 2 screens, the 2-4 and the 2-13.  The former is an all matte
screen with a circle in the centre to indicate the spot metering area
for cameras which have this feature - which is all the models it is
compatible with.  The 2-13 screen has a split prism focusing aid
surrounded by a microprism collar and is thus very simmilar to what
you have in the OM10, except much brighter.

The focusing 'aids' of the 2-13 just get in the way IMO so I would
say the 2-4 screen is the 'best' for the type of subjects you have
expressed interest in.

I personaly find fast lenses help me focus better.

An OM4Ti, a 2-4 focusing screen and some f2 Zuikos and you will be in
a state of nirvana, despite the new found poverty.
(a book of verse, a jug of wine and thou  - something or rather -
(Omar Khayam))

Giles

> From:          KRIS GARREN <KGARREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> You must be blessed and have a much bigger budget that I!
> If I could afford it, my collection would be growing by the minute.

Ah Kris, if you only knew what Doris has paid for some of her toys.
;-)