Re: [OM] Oh, that wedding

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh, that wedding
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:07:20 +0200

I wrote:

> Hi all Olympioids
>
>> I've just returned from my first wedding, well, as a paid photographer
that
>> is!
>>
>> Things didn't start very well though. As i decided to load film in my
OM4Ti
>> I noticed that the camera didn't wind the film. Upon closer inspection I
>> found that the release button (marked R) didn't jump back to it's default
>> setting (up) but stayed in the release mode. No way that camera could be
>> used. Argh!

snip

Then Giles wrote:

>Let me guess - the problem resolved itself or the solution became
>clear after you got home?  ;-)

No, camera has to go to the techie. The release button is firmly stuck in
it's down position. There is enough tension so that when no film is loaded,
everything seems to work just fine, then after loading there is not enough
torque to wind the film. Just imagine this happening in the middle of a roll
in the wedding-shooting, frame after frame and no winding... whouauah.

and  Gary Scloss wrote:
>Hmm, and we are supposed to believe that this is a punishment for you?
>Yeah, right... and I bet that the lonely island is Bora-Bora. ;-)

I guess they won't do since they're known to you and others. One of the
biggest and isolated spaces I can think of is Cradle-St Clair NP in
Tasmania. With it's own Mt Olympus :-)

Cheers
Ulf Westerberg