Re: [OM] Oh, that wedding

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh, that wedding
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 22:32:46 -0500
Mr Thomas N. Curlee wrote harrowing tale of wedding shoot without reward...

>The stress isn't worth whatever I could make on a wedding, even if
>I'm shooting for a friend.  Shooting the candids at the reception is
>much more fun.

The stress definitely isn't worth it, when shooting for friends or
relatives.  It's amazing that we will bend over backwards, risk a major rift
that could tear the friendship/family apart, and give away the farm all in
one step.  I have a minimum I charge--regardless of who(m?) it is.  I've
changed my pricing structure--instead of discounting the shoot, I'll
discount the reprints to a nominal profit.

I've got a Catholic wedding next week that will be quite exciting.  I'm
checking out the facility this Thursday and planning with the couple where
we'll do some of the formals. The new (ancient) Mamiya Super 23 is working
excellently, it appears, but I'll have the proof sheets and negs to analyse
in a day or two.  Oh, side note--The 220 back that is on the Mamiya Press is
absolutely great for loading.  Easy, accurate, fast.  I was impressed.  It
also holds the film absolutely flat.  Very good design, except for it's
size.

Ken.