Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen and Bogen Comments (and Zuikoholism)....

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen and Bogen Comments (and Zuikoholism)....
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:54:51 EDT
Hi George:

> I'm surprised the zooms
>  are even close to the primes and astonished that the #s in many cases
>  are better.  Do you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on this?  Or is
>  my interpretation of the data faulty?

I never put much merit in the Modern Photography methodology!  For one, what
film were they using over all those years?  That makes a big difference.
Another, how can guys like Paul Young (who has tested many Canon FD lenses and
has posted on the WWW his resolution results) get way high line pair numbers
numbers in comparison?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV