Re: [OM] KILL the Fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] KILL the Fungus
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 23:04:36 -0700
Thomas H. Hogan wrote:

>Methanol (CH3OH) not isopropyl alcohol, not ethanol
>Just use methanol so you don't destroy the coatings.
>You can obtain methanol at most hardware store in the
>USA where it is called either "denatured alcohol" or
>"wood alcohol"

Hank,

I'm a bit confused. I looked at my can of denatured alcohol (from the hardware
store) and it says that it contains denatured ethyl alcohol, and emphasizes
that it contains less than 4% methanol. I checked other brands from different
stores with the same results. Comments please.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA