Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:27:30 +0800
> Dunno the 2000, but the 77 and 88 do support T-flashes (both have TTL-OTF
> flash exposure). The vertical shutter allows a 1/125 synchro x time and
the
> 77 allows super FP mode too with a double GN than the 0M-4T. ASFAIK none
of
> the majors permit compatibility of screens, winders etc. from MF to AF
> models (that is: N, C, M, P, Y, etc.).

The OM 77 sync at 1/100 and the OM88 only sync at 1/80, while the OM2000 do
sync at 1/125 (the highest of all OMs). The OM2000 is a mechanical shutter
camera so it is better compare with the OM-1. The only thing I don't like
is it does not compatible with motor drive. (of course, also the top and
bottom plastic, but at this price range you cannot expect too much.)

For the GN at super FP mode, the OM-707 only get 20 0gher. Below is part
of the  figures I copy from an OM catalogue dated April 89:

Shutter         OM-707         OM-4T

1/2000         10.2                8.5
1/500          20.3                17
1/125          40.7                34.1