Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:04:20 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:40:25 EDT you write:
>Per Nordenberg wrote:
>
>This is not a dedicated flash, nor has the OM-2000 a hot shoe that
>supports any dedicated functions. As far as I know, this new flash is
>Yet Another Simple Plain Computer Flash with two working apertures. The
>only "OM" property on the 2000 is the lens mount; no support for
>Olympus System flashes, no motor drives or winders, no exchangable
>focusing screens. Ergo not an Olympus System Camera. It might just as
>well have been a... Cosina?

My thoughts exactly.  The -2000, -77, -88, and -101 are, to my mind, the
"bastard children" of the OM line.  None of them support many (or any)
of the OM System items (except lenses), and they are all a bit less than
rugged.  These two things combined make them, at least to me, not very
useful cameras.

For those of you who haven't seen it, the S20 flash is a joke.
Underpowered, non-dedicated, and constructed of flimsy materials.  Let's
hope the OM-5Ti (if it ever appears) is built with the design philosophy
of the OM-4Ti in mind, not the design philosophy of the OM-2000.

Cheers,
--Lee