Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 dedicated flash? (was:T18-flash)
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Apr 98 14:46:04 +0200
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mar, 28 apr 1998 17:04, R. Lee Hawkins
<mailto:lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>My thoughts exactly.  The -2000, -77, -88, and -101 are, to my mind, the
>"bastard children" of the OM line.  None of them support many (or any)
>of the OM System items (except lenses), and they are all a bit less than
>rugged.  These two things combined make them, at least to me, not very
>useful cameras.

Dunno the 2000, but the 77 and 88 do support T-flashes (both have TTL-OTF
flash exposure). The vertical shutter allows a 1/125 synchro x time and the
77 allows super FP mode too with a double GN than the 0M-4T. ASFAIK none of
the majors permit compatibility of screens, winders etc. from MF to AF
models (that is: N, C, M, P, Y, etc.).

As for rugged, once I drop an 88 (while I was holding two oms plus three
zuikos on two hands only, and shooting on the same time) and I have to say
that the body didn't say "ah". A classic 0M-1 or 0M-2 body would have
resulted "bumped" more or less, with the same test (that I will not try).

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx