Re: [OM] Re: OM-2SP

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-2SP
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:48:54 -0700
Thanks to all who participated in my survey concerning the OM-2 versus the
OM-2SP. Without taking an official tally, it appears that the majority of
the OM-2SP list owners who responded are generally satisfied. I've decided
to take the plunge; the lure of spot metering is too strong to resist. My
local dealer had a very clean OM-2SP body and made me a decent offer on my
very experienced OM-2. Hopefully, I'll be one of the lucky ones. My ultimate
goal is an OM-4, but they're a bit more expensive and I'm concerned that the
original OM-4 seems to be as trouble plauged as the OM-2SP. If this OM-2SP
lasts until I can afford an OM-4Ti, I'll be happy. I'll keep you all
informed of my good or bad luck, as the case might be.

I'll have to order an owners manual from Olympus, (where do all the owners
manuals, lens caps, and lens shades go? They came with the cameras and
lenses when new, but you seldom see them with used equipment.) I do have a
quick question until my owners manual arrives. Is the spot metering area the
micro-prism/split-image circle on the focusing screen? Again many thanks for
all the input.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA