[OM] OM darkroom (was OM Elegance)

Subject: [OM] OM darkroom (was OM Elegance)
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:37:19 -0500
Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom) <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have also enrolled myself on a darkroom
>course, because even at the local camera club there seems to be more
>members who are more interested in digital darkroom than their own
>traditional darkroom.

I have learned each of us has a specialty or two - marco photo, wildlife,
scenics, etc.  I've been curious how many OM photographers also pursue the
"other side of photography" - the darkroom.  I'd like to hear from the list
of those who process their own film and/or make prints.

I personally have a fairly well outfitted darkroom crammed into a tiny, but
dedicated, space.  Only 5 x 8 feet in size, I can process any film up to 8 x
10 inches and prints up to 16 x 20.  The enlarger will accomodate film up to
6 x 6 cm; a color analyzer, programmable digital timer and Jobo manual
processor round out the basic equipment.   I've chosen to standardize on
color negative printing simply because it is most repeatable for me, hence
less waste.  At $5-6 a pop, making a mistake with Ilfochromes can get
expensive in a hurry.

John P