Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: WKato <WKato@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:35:40 EST

<< but compare the GN of the F280 to the SB-25/26, it is no comparison. let's
 just say that a professional wouldn't use it because it is too weak.
basically, i
 feel that olympus has not fully exploited what the camera is capable with by
not
 coming out with a more powerful flash that has capability of super-FP and
there
 are no third party manufacturers that provide it either >>
I agree.  The SB-25 flash (in super FP mode) at 1/4000 f/2.8 @ISO 100 max
distance is 6 feet.  That's quite a good output when you lower the shutter
speeds or increase the ISO and all this at around $300.00. On the other hand,
how many F280s did Olympus sell? I think we may have disappointed our company
in this regard.  I don't think that they saw enough of a market to develop and
market such a beast with higher output.  Nikon's D series lenses and
corresponding flashes are a real advance in technology.  If I did a lot of
flash work, I might ..... but let's not speculate because I don't.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx