Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: wijsmuller@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:45:51 +0000
Richard Schätzl wrote:

> Olympus should look
> at contemporary Metz flashes how to integrate many features for a wide
> range of cameras.

I don't know, as I recall Minolta introduced high-speed sync some
time before Metz it's MZ 40-2 (which I own) and yet this flash
does *not* support the Minolta high-speed sync. So it could be a
tricky feature, this 'Super FP' mode. What about the MZ 50 and MZ
40-3? Do they support the high speed sync options of Nikon, Canon and
Minolta?

BTW I posted a reaction about the difference I thought existed
between the Olympus way of 'super FP' and the presumed ways of other
camera manufacturers. But I just read that it operates basically the
same i.e. with many short flashes. I thought, probably mislead by an
illustration in an Olympus OM-4Ti brochure that Olympus 'Super FP'
flash was based on a very long duration flash. I guess somebody more
knowledgable will point this out. Thanks in advance.

Frank Wijsmuller.