Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:34:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 fdayrit@xxxxxxx wrote:

|John A. Prosper wrote:
|
|> I don't know who has the patent on Super-FP flash.  Olympus
|> released a flash with it first so you would tend to think
|> they have it.  However, Olympus was also the first to
|> release a TTL flash unit even though it originated with the
|> "mind of Minolta."  Olympus bought the right to use the TTL
|> concept in their units and released their TTL products
|> before Minolta could bring theirs to the market.
|>
|> If Olympus has the patent, they should be collecting a tidy
|> sum from a host of manufacturers!
|
|John,
|
|now i really hope that they developed it and they are collecting a hefty sum so
|that they can give us some of that capability with the T series in the form of
|great flash!!!

That would be nice.  Unfortunately, they may be saving all
their dollars (or yens) for the digitl photo world.

Way back when the F280 was first released, I called Olympus
HQ to inquire why the flash was so low-powered and if they
were planning to release a T45-like super FP flash.  The rep
felt supremely confident that Olympus would be releasing a
powerful "F450-ish" flash in due time.  However, new lens
production and everything-else Olympus came to a grinding
halt until the OM3Ti and 35-80/2.8 came on the scene a few
years ago.

Therefore, it would seem that the lack of a pro FP flash is
consistent with the slow drip-drip-drip of professional
products from Maitani-land.