Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:19:31 +0100
WKato wrote:

snip..
> I agree.  The SB-25 flash (in super FP mode) at 1/4000 f/2.8 @ISO 100 max
> distance is 6 feet.  That's quite a good output when you lower the shutter
> speeds or increase the ISO and all this at around $300.00. On the other hand,
> how many F280s did Olympus sell?

Look at the specs and at the price tag and you now why.

> I think we may have disappointed our company
> in this regard.

Mainly they have disapointed me, an customer, who has no obligation to
buy from a specific company.
That there is no "Normal-Auto" mode for OM-1 and OM-3 is one
disapointment, the flash has no zoom reflector, the reflector can not be
moved, you are not able to use the flash together with other Olympus
flashes in TTL mode (don´t try it, the camera might react strange), the
flash is very sensitv to battery voltage and will not use the batteries
as good as the T32, using the F280 with weak batterys will cause
underexposed pictures because of no flash emiting, Olympus should look
at contemporary Metz flashes how to integrate many features for a wide
range of cameras.

Richard