Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:25:46 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:52:13 EST you write:
>Hi Again Lee:
>
>I would say that the 80mm f/4.0 Auto macro has no lens hood, rather than
>saying "built-in."  The front element is nearly flush with the front of the

I'm just quoting from the Olympus System Lens Handbook which says that
"no hood is needed".  It also looks to me from the pic of the lens in
that book that the front element is somewhat recessed, at least compared
to the 135/4.5.

Cheers,
--Lee