Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:45:28 EST
Hi Lee:

I have an early model OLY lens hood for the 35mm f/2.8 & 50 mm f/1.4 & 50 mm
f/1.8.  It is all METAL with a hand turnable tightening screw on the flange.
States on the side that it is for these lenses.  Looks like it was OLY's first
hood concept back when crome was the design fad.  The flange on it is chrome
plated.  I bought it in 1976 and it still serves me well.

This is the same 51 mm slid-on that I use on my 35-70mm f/3.5~4.5  It is kind
of hard to turn a polarizer when I use it, but I like that I can slide it to
the end of the barrel for long focus shots and slide to towards the mount for
short focus shots, then lock it in place.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV