Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood crossref
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:22:55 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

|Hi all:
|Below is a lens hood cross-ref that I plan to put up on the website
|soon.  If y'all could look it over and make additions/corrections, I'd
|appreciate it.  Especially useful would be info on which hoods can be
|used with more than one lens.

|Below is a listing of which OM lens hood is intended for which Zuiko
|lens:
|
|Lens (f.l./f number)           Lens Hood (3)                   Notes

|90/2 Macro                     Built in????

Actually, the 90/2 Macro takes the same hood as the 135/4.5
Macro.  You can normally get away with going hood-less
because of the deep front lens seating so common to macro
lens intended for direct camera body coupling (i.e., no
bellows or autotubes).  However, if one has a Pulitzer
Prize-winning image before oneself, any standard 55mm
screw-in hood will do.  When I am in a persnickety mood, I
use a hard plastic hood which works with all 55mm lenses
from the 35/2 upwards without vignetting.

|35-80/2.8                      Unknown

This lens has a lens hood.  Is it true that Olympus offers
this hood only separately despite the Olympic price of the
35-80/2.8?