Re: [OM] OM body wish list

Subject: Re: [OM] OM body wish list
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 23:22:03 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998, Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:

> What do you mean by "shiftable program"?

  One where the user has some control over biasing the program by
selecting the smallest possible aperture on the lens. The program then
cannot choose a smaller one. This allows one to lean towards a high
shutter speed at an moment's notice.

> Who are "we" in your statement, Doris?

  The faithful...(Okay, I got a little carried away).

> I ask everyone to contribute to the wish list.  what would make you buy a
> new OM camera rather than a used OM-n?  Think about it.

  Features that are not available on my current bodies (or on used ones).
  For me, sync @ 1/250th (with both propietary and pc-socket connected
flash) would be an instant sell by itself.

> What is the
> maximum would you spend on such a camera?

  For the one I described, about 600 - 750 seems fair.

 I would love to see a lighter bellows. The OM bellows are outrageously
heavy considering the graceful sizing of the rest of the system. I often
use the bellows from my Bowens Illumitran when I pack light.

  I would be interested in an AF body, provided it continued in the best
of the OM tradition, and retained the mount, so the old lenses and new
could be interchanged (of course, with loss of AF & other modes).

  I agree with you, and as I said, one model right in between the OM2000 &
the OM4-ti would be a good idea. Manual focus, to be sure. Synch has to go
to 1/250th, puhleeeze. I can, however, make do with a top shutter speed of
1/1000. I think the camera has to have a program mode for newbies. I agree
with no titanium, am OK with plastic bodies (NO BLOB bodies!).

                                   Thanks again, Tomoko,

                                     *= Doris Fang =*

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx