Re: [OM] Successor to aging E-M5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Successor to aging E-M5?
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:33:03 +0100
Hi Peter,

Differences between the newest OM-5 and older E-M5 III are listed here
<https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2125228181/om-system-om-5-what-s-new-and-does-it-compete>.
I wouldn't go for an older mk II, a nice camera but I like the newer sensor
better. Not available new anymore, probably.

For me, the addition of the E-M1 III feature '50MP handheld high res shot'
makes the OM-5 a no brainer between these two. The live ND filter is nice
too, I think.

About capture: it doesn't support that with the Oly software, but instead
has usb webcam functionality out of the box, the article claims. So that is
actually a pro ;-).

My own trusty E-M5 still gets some shots if it must be really compact, but
my main camera is a big Fujifilm GFX these days. Oh well.

There seems to be a small cash back as well at the moment?

Best,

Frank.