Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 10:03:34 -0700
At 11/9/2023 04:55 PM, Sudsy Moose wrote:

>Well, it certainly does Bubble!
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts/Bubbles>
>
>Arrived today. Making attractive overall images with bubbles may take
>practice, but ? Bubbles!
>
>The dessign is different. Most lenses align the aperture index line @ max
>aperture with the focus arrow. Thus, each is on top when mounted.
>
>For whatever reason, (perhaps æsthetic choice?) this lens lines up the focus
>arrow with about f5.6.  Thus, either aperture index OR focus arrow can be on
>top, but not both. You can see the same thing in the Phillip Reeve review.
>
>I think I would prefer to have focus arrow on top, but it's the other way,
>which looks wrong. Seems the designers failed to mount their prototype on an
>old camera from the M42 era. This one puts the focus arrow about 45° off,
>just the same as on an old Praktiflex. In this case, at least, the problem is
>not with the helicoid adapter, but with the lens, itself.
>
>Doesn't bother me much, though. I don't pay attention to focal distance unless
>testing CF. And the lens markings don't mean anything when using the helicoid
>adapter for any extension anyway. Aperture index is fine. With this kind of
>lens, it's mostly wide open and clear click stops make "click counting work
>fine.
>
>Bubbling Over Moose

You can see with yours that the more point like the source, the more defined
the bubble. I notice DSC0687, the top bubble has a black speck, and wondering
if it is from the lens and not sensor dust?

------

I only spent a short time with mine for the first 5 images. With more interest
in suds, I added 5 more to the album:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wxARKiMnjoowp63E7

6,7,8 are bubbles with highlights from plant behind.
9 shows some glow effect
and 10 is my special friend, Sookie at F5.6. She is always bringing me in
lizards, mice, ... to show me. And always alive so she can play with them.

I like bubbles but also like how background in general is rendered, preferring
the more painterly.

TT WayneS