Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 08:36:01 -0700
At 11/4/2023 09:47 PM, Moose wrote:
>Forgot about this for weeks of travel.
>
>You did get one? How is it?
>
>Back Home Moose

Not sure if you just meant this for Mike only, but here are some of my first 25
photos I took with this lens. wide open.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wxARKiMnjoowp63E7

I'm used to working with 50mm bocake lenses, so 100mm will take some more
learning. I use a helicoid adapter to allow closer focus.

The lens indeed does not have aperture marks on top with standard m42 adapters.
I have one, just an m42-m42 helicoid with thin Sony m42 adapter that just
happens to put them on top, but infinity focus has to be extended just a bit.
Also a Yeenon called "M42-M42X17.3mm Helicoid tube + M42-NEX Mount (Flange)(
ring free)"

With all other adapters the markings are near the bottom. Since I like helicoid
adapters, I have not found one that is adjustable. I don't understand why
ttartisan couldn't get this right. I thought I could rotate the mount on the
lens, but it is hard linked to the aperture control.

The one I thought would be adjustable was called "M42-NEX helicoid adapter
(with pressure thimble device has set midline positio)" from Yeenon. But I'm
not sure it is adjustable. I removed the screws on the side and it did not
appear to be moveable due to linkages inside. I did not pursue further.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404249100007

TT WayneS