Re: [OM] Suggestions for hiking kit?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for hiking kit?
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 06:45:14 +0200
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
The GM5 is my cycling camera—I keep it in a Domke insert in my handlebar bag,
with either the 12-32 or 35-100 lenses. It has held up very well. While the
insert provides a level of protection, the camera is by no means babied, and it
is subjected to a fair amount of shake and vibration. So I do not consider it
delicate. That said, I would not take it as my only camera because the high-ISO
performance leaves a lot to be desired, as you also indicate. For cycling,
which is largely a daytime activity for me, it is fine, but on a vacation where
you also want to take photos in the evening it would be inferior. I would take
the OM-1 and not worry too much about weather sealing. June in Italy should be
fairly dry.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman