[OM] Suggestions for hiking kit?

Subject: [OM] Suggestions for hiking kit?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 20:47:27 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Assuming all goes well with Marnie, will be going to northern Italy for a Ryder
-walker designed hike (self guided  Inn to Inn) as arranged by the CVO  (Chief
Vacation Officer) in June.  I am hesitant to bring the new OM-1  at least on
the hiking portion, though impressed with the improvement in high ISO
performance compared to EM1 MkIII for astro.  The GM-5 is tiny but a bit
delicate.  It is a bit long in the tooth but does a decent job at low ISO and
can't beat the size.  We should have another but not clear to me what that
should be.  Rent an EM-5 MkIII as weather sealed? I kept the GM-5 case in
plastic in my day bag if the weather turned and it did OK.   Appreciate any
suggestions.

Huff, puff, Mike