Re: [OM] New entry in Bubble Stakes

Subject: Re: [OM] New entry in Bubble Stakes
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 16:14:44 -0700
At 3/23/2023 11:56 AM, Frog blowing bubbles wrote:
>Vivitar Varifocal 35-85/2.8
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Vivitar%2035-85%20f2.8%20Varifocal>
>
>Beautifully made and in mintish condition. The varifocal thing is a little
>annoying, though. I avoided them in film days, and I was right.
>
>Still some bubbly lenses out there that are cheap!
>
>Forever Blowing Bubbles Moose
>
>(Well, not really. I think this is the last bubbler.)

Funny I recently acquired one and I remember there was quite a bit of
discussion of this lens in the way past. Same conclusion, varifocal thing is
annoying. I have not had time to check it out.

Someone I follow on flickr, Dhina A, posts quite a selection of lenses,
including this one.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/photovibes/albums/72157712631053412

Dhina A https://www.flickr.com/photos/photovibes/

I like the frog.