Re: [OM] Cute Gear? (+ pix) [was Fun read on early lens designs]

Subject: Re: [OM] Cute Gear? (+ pix) [was Fun read on early lens designs]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 22:00:01 -0800
Great bubble bokeh.  Doesn't seem likely it reaches infinity on the bellows.

Actually, it focuses past infinity. The bellows has a lock, so one could set it up for end of helicoid infinity focus, is desired.

Can your attach it sans bellows too?

Physically, yes, optically, no. It turns out that this lens has a secret. It is possible to remove the back end tube, just behind the focusing mechanism, and re-attach the mount, making it a short mount lens. According to the site I found, Novoflex even made a bellows attachment for it.

This one came without the back end tube. I thought about getting another, then realized that the five foot close focus would make it less than useful for most of what I want it for.

Seems it is likely a Tessar design.

Dunno. It does have the same number of reflections, in a similar pattern, to
those of a CZJ 50mm Tessar.

Nice acquisition for the alt.dot images especially with included bellows.

Yeah, the bellows really make it, unlike using extension tubes on old lenses with long CF distances. There was dirt in the rack that made it stiff, but cleaned up. it's pretty nice. No Oly bellows though.

Extensible Moose