Re: [OM] New 90mm Zuiko macro

Subject: Re: [OM] New 90mm Zuiko macro
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 23:13:26 +0100
Thanks, I added your macro. The formula in the spreadsheet also calculates
it to 120 mm at 1:1, so probably right.

I always get confused by the 2x MFT comparisons. Does MFD 3.7" at 1:1
> compared to FF 180mm MFD 9.5" at 1:1"?

No questions in inches to Europeans please ;-)

As I understand these 2x comparisons are not really usefull. It is true
that 1:1 on m43 translates to a sensor surface of 17x13mm, and 1:1 on FF
would give the same image on a 36x24mm surface.

But then, how much pixels has your image on both surfaces? And what is the
quality of those pixels? The amount of pixels influences if it really 2:1
or maybe just 1,3:1. And without the quality of the image taken into
consideration, relevance diminishes further.

However, I'm very satisfied with the m43 macro capability, since the lenses
are nice, light weight and the IBIS is good as well. And focus bracketing
in camera.

For now I am sure I will not buy an overpriced lens like the 90mm IS
though.

I'm currently playing with some Zuiko's on my new Fujifilm 50Sii, now that
is fun with the bigger image circles the OM macro's have ;-)