Re: [OM] Which soft, How Soft? [was soft addiction]

Subject: Re: [OM] Which soft, How Soft? [was soft addiction]
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 08:47:08 -0700
At 11/18/2022 02:04 AM, Velvet Gove wrote:

>On 11/13/2022 9:19 PM, Moose wrote:

>>>I like the image. I'm kinda curious what some of my recent acquisitions
>>>would do. The lens baby softens the image but does not do what some vintage
>>>lenses do with the bokeh.
>
>In fairness, the LB Velvet series are about overall effect, including glow at
>wider apertures. I guess their Sweet or Twist lenses might get closer, or even
>the Soft.
>
>I sort of intend to run a series with several 50-ish mm lenses. I moved the
>pot to a spot that gets some sun this time of year. Today. fast moving clouds
>were changing the light drastically. I did take one with a  vintage lens,
>Canon 58/1.2 @ f1.2, 1961 optical design. Brightened up a bit from straight
>out of camera.
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=_DSC0146rot.jpg>
>
>You might prefer f2.0 or f2.8, but those will have to await more propitious
>light.
>
>Velvet Glove Moose

I have the canon 50mm 1.2 LTM version and has a similar look. Not sure if the
lens formula is similar to the 58mm FD version. I do find it takes the right
compositional situation to make it work. The busy bokeh can easily distract as
much as add. Thanks for creating this example, it satisfies my curiosity.

WayneS