Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/9/2022: Bar Mleczny Flisak

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/9/2022: Bar Mleczny Flisak
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:23:57 +0200
What you guys are describing is not what a Bar Mleczny is. Wayne talks about a
convenience store that may have a few tables. This is not the case here. They
do not sell anything except the food (sometimes takeaway is possible, but not
always).

And Joel, these places actually have many choices on the menu, and while there
are no individual paper menus, there is a large one on the wall, and in this
particular place there were about 10 different soups, and perhaps 15-20
different main dishes (a standard Polish meal consists of a soup and a main
course). There  were also at least 10 different salads and various other odds
and ends. I did not look at desserts (they did have some, but I always skip
dessert), nor coffee and tea (not usually part of a Polish lunch menu).

If I am to compare it to something in other countries, I think the closest
would be a diner (but no table service).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain