Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/9/2022: Bar Mleczny Flisak

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/9/2022: Bar Mleczny Flisak
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:58:49 -0500
On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 12:31 AM Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I was on a business trip in Poland from Sunday till Wednesday, with some
> free time at the beginning and end of the trip. I am still editing the
> photos, but my PAD for Wednesday is a pictorial record of a piece of Polish
> culture that has survived from Communist times, and a piece of travel
> advice.
>
> In every Polish town you will find one or more modest establishments
> called Bar Mleczny.

Adding a bit to what Wayne said, I think every town or city I've enjoyed
has places like Bar Mieczny, if you can find them.  I usually ask someone
where the locals eat.  Menus are either optional or non-existent.  Food is
usually excellent if limited in selection, water is served in the plastic
glasses ("Texas tumblers"?), dessert not only available but may be the main
attraction, and don't order the coffee, which is undrinkable, unless they
do a decent breakfast selection when the Folgers is at least freshly-made.

Now I'm hungry.

Joel W.