[OM] Glorious Imperfection (eye test) [was Painterly vintage Lenses]

Subject: [OM] Glorious Imperfection (eye test) [was Painterly vintage Lenses]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 01:52:22 -0700
On 6/5/2022 9:46 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 6/5/2022 04:00 PM, Mike wrote:
One other thing.  Is the charm using the vintage lens for a vintage look or is
it the results that matter?

For me, it's both. I like my menagerie of vintage lenses, but I also like my collection of LensBabies. And in the end, it is the results that count.

I took the advent of my LB Soft focus II and Carol going off to a retreat for a couple of days to do a test I've long contemplated. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Soft%20Focus/IntentionallyImperfect/SoftComp.htm>

The 1960-61 design Canon 58/1.2 is certainly vintage.

The Nikon Soft filters are also vintage. Nikon went as far as producing a prototype of their own Soft Focus Nikkor-S 105mm f/2.8. It was never produced as the head designer was dissatisfied with the problem of softness requiring close to wide open apertures.

The solution was the Nikon Soft 1 & 2 filters, released in 1967.

There are lots of things wrong with this test, but I find the results
interesting and useful for my lens and filter choices.

Eye Strain Moose