[OM] IMG: Art in Copenhagen

Subject: [OM] IMG: Art in Copenhagen
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:13:34 +0200
One of things I did in Copenhagen was to visit the Louisiana Museum of Modern
Art in Humlebæk, a small town on the coast about 35 km north of Copenhagen. It
is one of the world’s great modern art institutions, in the same league as MoMA
in New York or Tate Modern in London. What is unique about Louisiana is its
location in beautiful surroundings, right on the Øresund, the strait between
Denmark and Sweden.

As always, I enjoyed the permanent collection, especially the sculpture garden
given the nice weather, and two special exhibition, one of recent acquisitions
and one of works by US artists Dorothy Iannone. I had never heard of her
before, so once again, my horizons were expanded by visiting Louisiana, as
happens almost every time I go there.

The gallery is here:
https://www.greatpix.eu/Visit-to-Louisiana-Museum-of-Modern-Art/

And as always, comments and critique are very welcome and appreciated.

NOTE: DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION, THE DOROTHY IANNONE IMAGES MAY BE NSFW.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"