[OM] IMG: Aarhus

Subject: [OM] IMG: Aarhus
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 09:40:41 +0200
After the 3 days in Copenhagen, I moved on to my hometown Aarhus for the
weekend, spent with my friend Lars. For once, I did not visit the modern art
museum ARoS and did not walk around the waterfront or the main pedestrian
street. So the gallery is somewhat different from previous galleries from
Aarhus. I visited a beach south of the city which I remember fondly from my
youth, and I walked around quite a bit in the neighbourhood where Lars lives,
right in the centre, but just outside the old medieval part of the city. It is
known locally as the “island quarter” because almost all the streets are named
after various Danish islands. I have identified the location in many of the
photos; in case you wonder, the word “gade” means “street” in Danish, so that
for example Anholtsgade = Anholt Street (Anholt is the name of a small island
off eastern Jutland).

http://www.frozenlight.eu/aarhus_june2022/index.html

As always, comment and critique are welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws