Re: [OM] Holiday Cactus - Jim Nichols Edition

Subject: Re: [OM] Holiday Cactus - Jim Nichols Edition
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:56:17 -0700
At 6/12/2022 07:38 PM, Joel wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 2:32 PM Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>> Jim was was one of a kind - a curious mind in many respects, a humble soul
>> as few are, and a robust experimenter as I wish I was.
>
>> He hit upon the leica and oly lists as some of of us did, perhaps by
>> chance. And found there a community (or two) that shared some of his
>> concerns.
>
>> He also found virtual friends over there (Iâ??m meaning here too, of course)
>> Your tribute to the gear he loved is wonderful Ken. Thank you for that.
>> Your picture is, of course, also WOW !
>
>> Long live Jim's enduring legacy , and I mean both photgraphically and as a
>> human being whose teachings I will remember as long as I live.
>
>> Amities
>> Philippe
>
>> > Le 21 nov. 2021 à 22:53, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>> >
>> > This photo taken with the Olympus E-1 and ZD 14-54 lens.
>> >
>> > http://zone-10.com/d1/node/411
>

>As I get caught up on list posts, I ran across this from Philippe, which
>you probably all remember, but I'm seeing it for the first time.  We speak
>with unintended meaning more often than we think.   Two beautiful guys, Jim
>and Philippe.
>
>And Walt popped into my head this afternoon for some reason.   Smiling
>memories.  And I was thinking about a wonderful older gentleman who used to
>make nothing but positive comments about people's posts back in the late
>'90s perhaps, when I was way GASier than I am now (in more ways than one).
>I figure it's our job to become the people we admire.  This has been a rare
>community.  It's changed a lot with the times, but less than one might have
>expected.
>
>And that is a wow photo, AK.
>
>Joel W.

Part of getting older. I certainly have become more mellow and humble.
When closer to death, what is important becomes a lot clearer. My wife's sudden
death 4+ years ago certainly made that very apparent to me. Life is no longer so
much about me. An open heart is where its at. This list is always in the back
of my mind whenever I'm out with the camera.

WayneS