Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 12:14:31 +1000
I have adapted an OSCILLO-PARAGON  1:0.7X  75mm f1.9 to Sony NEX and also to
m4/3 using an EOS-NEX and EOS-m4/3 helical focussing adapters .  The EOS
adapters seem to be the only adapters I could find to allow the
OSCILLO-PARAGON to achieve infinity focus.  This adaption still required
machining off some of the excess lens mount thread (removed about 4-5mm from
memory) which is 50mmx0.75mm, the same thread pitch as a filter ring.  I
epoxied a 55mm -> 50mm step down ring into the EOS end of the helical
focussing mounts which allows me to swap the lens between my Sony A7 and
various m4/3 bodies.  The OSCILLO-PARAGON  is interesting as it has negative
field curvature to cope with the old style convex oscilloscope screens and
has coverage for Polaroid pack film (4.75" x 3.5" ?) so it means the centre
of the image is reasonably sharp put the extremities of the image are still
soft even when stopped down to f16.

I'll take some shots of the lens mounted on the focussing helical so you can
see what the whole contraption looks like but meanwhile here are a few JPG
images without any processing from the Sony:

http://www.structuregraphs.com/Random%20Stuff%20-%202021/6-Oct-2021%20-%20Os
cillo-Paragon%200.7X%2075mm%20f1.9/index.html

http://www.structuregraphs.com/Random%20Stuff%20-%202021/1-Nov-2021%20-%20Os
cillo%20Paragon%200.7X%2075mm%20f1.9/index.html

By the way, I think I've had this lens for 10-12 years and only recently got
around to doing something with it once I came across the cheap helical
focussing mounts from Chinese sellers on ebay.

...Wayne