[OM] Life update

Subject: [OM] Life update
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 07:55:14 -0700
I have not been super active on the list. I threw my back out working on the
house at the end of March. I could barely walk around for 3 weeks. I eventually
could ride my bike and that seems to be helping my back a lot. The Dr wanted to
fuse L4-L5 but now, with biking, I'm much better. I figure as long as I am
getting better, I'll avoid surgery. So far no more pain.

Also, after 4 years from my wife's death I now have a new relationship.
Something I did not think would happen. Fortunately she is also a PT and has
taught me 'neutral spine position." I still plan to sell and move, but now I
have a new destination.

Here in AZ the Palo Verde trees have been in bloom. The bees are quite happy
and thinking of Jim Nichols and his Buddleia bush, I attempted some bee shots
with manual focus lens (110 CV) and not very successful. I'll probably never
see bees again and not think of Jim. I'll have to try a different lens. But did
take these shots of the flowers (stacked in helicon):

The Palo Verde flowers the bees love:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iWBX827ji6xvr6un8

and after the flowers fall to the ground:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z8iM1mKwzMcyPunN7

I'd show a bee shot but the large focus throw of the 110mm lens makes it tricky
to catch fast moving bees in focus. I'm not up to Jim's level of patience
either.

Thinking of Jim - WayneS