Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly

Subject: Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 02:14:20 -0700
<<<That's how I get around it; use Gaussian Blur virtually always. I did work out how to
do Lens Blur, but don't recall it at the moment. I think/hope I have an annotated example. A
statue at <<<the Legion of Honor in SF?

I think that was Marnie's Vigeland statue shot in Oslo.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Norway-2018/i-RX5jJRd/A

It was much much more complicated to fix if wanted to use Lens blur.  You did
work it out.  Sometimes PS is inscrutable.

Nope, just looked at my work. I only used Gaussian blur on that one.

I'm not sure about your interest in lens blur. I know it Sounds better, but am
not convinced.

This is the photo I was thinking about.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Blur/LionBlur.htm>

My aim was to have blur increase with distance.

GBlur 3.5 and LBlur 11 are very similar. Without the direct comparison, equal.

LBlur 24 starts to get rather busy, a little like bad Gaussian design 50 mm lenses. I much prefer GBlur 17. To me, the point is to look natural-ish, while not pulling attention away from the lion and El Cid.

The final uses GBlur 3.5 on the right, flowing into a gradient GBlur 17, right
to left, with GBlur 2 on the Hero.

With my new-ish computer and GPU card, Lens Blur isn't slow, but I still think
it's not for most uses.

Fuzzy Head Moose