Re: [OM] Skype call to Kyiv

Subject: Re: [OM] Skype call to Kyiv
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:08:10 -0700
On 4/15/2022 2:08 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/52005785452/in/dateposted-public/>
F11 to view full screen, press L or click the pic to enlarge.

Kyiv is my wife Katya's home town. After a month and a half of hearing nothing from her childhood friend there, we finally reconnected. The friend and her husband are OK. The apartment building where one of her sons lives was hit by a Russian rocket. The son and his family are unhurt, but all their doors and windows were blown out. All this is in the same general area where Katya lived before she left what was then the USSR.

Leica M10-P with Leitz Summitar 50/2 lens from 1949. I think it back focuses slightly on the M10-P.  First world peacetime problem. Every day, my poor wife reads about and sees images of familiar places in Ukraine being blown to bits.

What a combination of good and awful news!

Our hearts go out to Katya, her family and friends. May all survive.

Moose