Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly

Subject: Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:51:41 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Messin' About Moose writes:

<<<He's sharpened, and the background is Gaussian blurred. The blurred layer is
masked with a gradient, so that the effect gets greater moving upward. With
many photos, that's a good analog for background distance, and looks pretty
natural. The floor tile <<shows that effect rather well.

Remember that even removing the subject from the layer still results in
artifacts on the edges?  I forgot how you got around that.  Seems much more an
issue with "lens blur" than Gaussian blur. Gradient mask is great.  I think a
refresher Moose tutorial might be necessary.   Subject separation is much
harder with the portable slower zooms for MFT but that is the price of
portability.

Fuzz out w/o artifacts, Mike