Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly

Subject: Re: [OM] Space Time Anomaly
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 21:52:51 -0700
Messin' About Moose writes:

<<<He's sharpened, and the background is Gaussian blurred. The blurred layer is
masked with a gradient, so that the effect gets greater moving upward. With many photos,
that's a good analog for background distance, and looks pretty natural. The floor tile
<<shows that effect rather well.

Remember that even removing the subject from the layer still results in artifacts on the
edges?  I forgot how you got around that.  Seems much more an issue with "lens
blur" than Gaussian blur.

That's how I get around it; use Gaussian Blur virtually always. I did work out how to do Lens Blur, but don't recall it at the moment. I think/hope I have an annotated example. A statue at the Legion of Honor in SF?

Gradient mask is great.  I think a refresher Moose tutorial might be necessary.
  Subject separation is much harder with the portable slower zooms for MFT but
that is the price of portability.

Most subjects, most of the time, it's pretty easy. "Select and Mask" is a
magical additional tool for this.

Fuzz out w/o artifacts, Mike

Artifact Les Moose