Re: [OM] New CAT lens--opinions?

Subject: Re: [OM] New CAT lens--opinions?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 22:30:56 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<1. What will the resolution on a 4/3 sensor be, relative to lenses designed
for
<<the smaller format?

Perhaps the design specifics matter a bit less for CAT lenses at that FL as the
sensor stack has no bearing and little CA to worry about.  One can obtain very
high res CAT lenses with some effort, witness
the JWST that can resolve images at the fringe of the observable universe.  ;-)
 I suspect Tokina did not have a 10*10**9 USD budget and the size may make
hiking a bit problematic.
Curiously the GM5 is only a tad better for SNR than the 1" sensor, though the
GM5 sensor design is showing some age.  It still is a tiny high quality kit.

https://tinyurl.com/y6vxsnt9

I don't disagree with your views, but am intrigued by the Tokina CAT.  Perhaps
they'll really nail the design.  I hope it isn't just a minor update.

Wait and see, Mike