Re: [OM] IMG: Puerto Rico

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Puerto Rico
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 09:52:25 -0700
At 1/24/2022 03:04 PM, Nathan wrote:

>I spent the first week of 2022 in Puerto Rico, the second half of our family
>visit on the other side of the Atlantic. My wife was born and grew up there,
>and we went to visit her parents and her brothers and sisters on the island. I
>have been there many times, starting with my first visit in 1982 and our
>wedding in 1983, although less frequently since we moved back to Europe in
>1995. Still, I enjoy going there, and I sometimes think that if I were ever to
>move back to the US (not in the cards), Puerto Rico would be the place where I
>would want to be. The only downside is that my cycling passion would be a lot
>more difficult there?both the roads and the drivers leave a lot tto be
>desired, to put it mildly. But overall, it is truly the shining star of the
>Caribbean, as the tourist slogan says. This is my personal view of the place:
>
>http://www.frozenlight.eu/pr_jan2022/ <http://www.frozenlight.eu/pr_jan2022/>
>
>And as always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.
>
>Nathan

Nice set if images. It has been a while since I was in Puerto Rico, so nice to
see some familiar images. I probably spent more time in the ocean than you did.
I remember how bleak the coral was when snorkeling. I could not imagine riding
a bike there, but if it were safe, it would be fun to bike there. Old San Juan
definitely had some nice restaurants.

WayneS