Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: [cml-glass] Advice on lens sets

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: [cml-glass] Advice on lens sets
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:10:14 -0800
Excellent work, His Fuzziness!

Thanks!

You have the Minolta varisoft too, correct?  That is 85/2.8 as well.

Yes, and yes. I actually did some extensive testing of the Minolta with a 2D test target. The interaction of aperture, increasing DoF as it gets smaller, and Soft setting, is hard to entirely grok.

Apertures from f2.8 to f16 and soft settings from 0 to 3, by half steps yields 42 samples. at the same time, I shot the OM 85/2 at all apertures with no filter and three Sony Soft filters. Madness!

I think you have a most impressive collection of alt fuzzy lenses and gizmos.

I love it — and am often a bit confused by all the options.

Satiation Moose