[OM] (Fwd) Re: [cml-glass] Advice on lens sets

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Re: [cml-glass] Advice on lens sets
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 00:44:08 -0500
Some movie makers like Zuiko....

Bold added, names removed:
Date:   Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:25:07 +0000
Subject:        Re: [cml-glass] Advice on lens sets
Reply to:       cml-glass@xxxxxxxx

My simple advice would be buy what you like the look of and what fits the
camera you use. Each
cine or stills lens has its own strengths and weaknesses. Think about your
cameras, your work and
your clientele. If you spend all day shooting architecture you will want
something different to what
you may want shooting drama. Need PL mount? Need Vistavision coverage?

Of course I would recommend Tokina Vista primes but then I they pay some of my
bills so I’m a little
biased. Seems like they may be a little over your budget anyway. CP2s are a
sound choice if you
can get used set at the right price. Leica R also good but already pretty
pricey, especially if you plan
on getting them rehoused eventually. Nikons and Contax Zeiss are a relative
bargain at the moment
and now that they are being more readily rehoused I would expect prices to
rise. Then there are FD
lenses of course, but prices on those are already sky high.

Chinese lenses definitely improving but not to the point where I would
personally invest in a set
over these other offerings.

If I had to pick just one inexpensive vintage set to invest in right now it
would probably
be Olympus OM, just because they are great glass with a heritage and mostly not
too
expensive (with a coupe or exceptions).

If you want to try Vistas do let me know.

XXXX

    On 11 Dec 2021, at 17:20,