Re: [OM] The time is here to let it go . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] The time is here to let it go . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 01:58:15 -0800
Very sorry to hear about your maladies and all your items have had a wonderful
home.  I have my beautiful bellows from you that has been used but not enough.

I just did a search on past prices on yabe for the 21 f2.  WOW!  It is just
crazy  ------2800-6K!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324786901068?hash=item4b9eced04c:g:aiQAAOSwXRxhPZFA

I wonder what happened.  I bought mine from Mike Hatem and it was a decent one
but not an uber sharp wide open copy.  At that point the Canyon wide-angle
glass was comparatively crummy and I could see how they demanded a
premium---$750 range then.  I think they went down in price after superb WA's
were readily available but no clue when/why the price went into the
stratosphere.  Can only be collectors, one assumes.  There is a list around on
the list as to how many were made in each variation, not that I can immediately
find it.  Anyone know where it lives?

Closest thing I recall is the multi-coating lists on R. Lee Hawkins' site The original is long gone, but lives on on the Wayback Machine. <http://web.archive.org/web/20110720025740/http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml>

Not much use for a lens with so few entries, though.

E. F. Two Moose